Tuesday, September 28, 2010

John Logan's Prayer

John Logan just outside of Fairbanks in 1939 on his way to Seattle.  Most of that equipment was dumped before the end of the week

 
Years ago, my Uncle John sent me his favorite prayer.  I'm sure he said a lot of prayers when he and Slim Williams rode, pushed, pulled and carried their motor cycles from Fairbanks to Seattle in 1939.  This may have been one of them. I keep it up on my bulletin board.

Here's how it goes.

Dear Lord,

           So far today, Lord, I've done alright.  I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent.  I'm very thankful for that.  But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed.  And from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen 



"The dog is on the right."  John Logan's note on the back  of this photo taken after a couple of months on the trail from Fairbanks to Seattle in 1939. Compared to the softie on the motorcycle at the  top of the page, he looks like a wolf.



No comments: